Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memory Monday


Without a dishwasher I get to be the dishwasher.  This allows for long periods of time for me to stand at the sink while doing a mindless task and dream, contemplate or remember . . .

Last night, I remembered this little cutie when she was three.  She loved skirts and dresses that "spin".  One day while shopping around she made me buy two cute little dresses that "spin" to wear when we went to go see Papi.  I remember thinking that was cute but I didn't think she would remember to wear them when we saw Papi so I bought the dresses but forgot about her special reason for buying them.  A few weeks later we were on the road to Tijuana to watch a series that Papi was playing there.  She had picked out her own clothes and I was happy with her selection.  After crossing the border into Mexico we drove up next to Papi.  He opened her door.  Alexandria wrapped her little three year old arms around his big shoulders and said, "Papi look at my pretty dress.  I wore it just for you.  It spins."

Not a big memory, but a darn cute one that I didn't want to forget.  So I thought I would document it and bring back Memory Monday, at least for this week and maybe next week too if some random memory comes to me while washing the never ending pile of dirty dishes.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I miss Alexandria....Tell her hi and I hope she can do webkinz there.

De Ette said...

Oh my goodness, this brought tears to my eyes. I really miss you and the children. They grow up so fast. Soon she will be writing her own "memory Mondays".

Much Love,
Mom