Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just One of the Reasons I Love Being a Mom


Look!  I'm sitting on Santa's lap in the middle of July.
AJ is always trying to make me laugh.
He insisted on taking pictures of us with a Santa hat on Sunday.
"Haha," he giggled, "now we are making memories."

Do you ever have one of those days when you're just grumpy?
I do, especially if the house isn't clean.
Last time I felt that way AJ kept coming up to me with jokes. 
I would half smile so he wouldn't feel bad.
But he wanted me to laugh.
Finally, he just asked straight up, "Mom why are you sad today?"
Then he put his arm around me and started singing, 
"If you chance to meet a frown, turn it upside down and smile that frown away." 
His genuine concern for me, his mom, and big heart made me smile for reals.
I gave him a big hug and told him I loved him.
Instantly, the messy house wasn't so bad.
I was looking in the eyes of someone way more important 
and realizing how blessed I am to be his mom.

1 comment:

De Ette said...

Yes you are blessed. Your children are blessed as well. They have you for a Mom!!