Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Coincidence?

So we were sitting in this beautiful place, on a beautiful day waiting to get into conference when AJ saw two missionaries pass by.
"Do you think they know Jordan?"  He asked. 
"I don't know.  Maybe.  Go ask them." I told him.
So off him and DJ ran to ask the Elders if they knew Elder Snell.
 Turns out they did know him!
And they knew where he was.
Jordan had just talked to them minutes earlier.
A coincidence?  I don't think so.
So they led my boys over to Jordan.
 The boys led Jordan to us and Elder Snell and his companion stood in the stand by line with us.
Unfortunately, we only got as far as this lovely building.

 As we watched conference on those hard antique benches I had flashbacks of 25 years ago, watching conference with my dad in that same building.
My kids were disappointed that we didn't make it into conference so they cuddled up on those old wooden benches, and one on the floor, and slept through the entire thing.
It's okay that we didn't make it in because we got to see Jordan.  That was better anyway.
After our teary goodbye, mostly because I was grateful that my boys have such a good example to look up to in Jordan and that they got to see him in all his mission glory, we headed over to the conference center.
This is as close as we got, the roof.  It had a nice view though.
 And this is one of those pictures where you just had to be there.
Papi teaching the kids the leg pop walk.
It had me laughing so hard that my overstretched abs had the best workout they've had in awhile.
 How could you not love this place?

1 comment:

kaye said...

What a wonderful experience for the family!! Best wishes for the little new one. love, antie k.