Saturday, May 4, 2013

Field of Dreams

Today was nostalgic as I sat at Salt River fields watching my boys while they participated in a baseball clinic with the Diamondbacks. It reminded me of when Papi played in the states. I really didn't appreciate it back then. Honestly, I didn't even like it.  But for a moment I wished we could relive that time. There are things I would love to do differently. I think I would sit on the grass and relax watching the games instead of stressing in the stands. I would soak up the sights and sounds of the ballpark, just loving the moment. As I saw my boys practicing a sliding drill, I realized for the first time ever that I could enjoy watching my boys play on a big field. As their mother I had never wanted that baseball life for them before.  But now I know that if that's their dreams then my heart will be there with them.

No comments: