Monday, July 6, 2015

Juke this kid out



I love being a mom of twin boys. Seriously everyone should have the opportunity to have them. I love DJ's stories whe he gets home from school about what he did at recess and how he "jumped up and caught the ball then juked this guy out and rolled in for a touchdown". And I can't wait for Tuesday's when I get to go watch AJ perform in gymnastics.

On field day, talk about super stars! They both came home with all first place ribbons in long jump, 50 yard dash, overhand throw, hurdles and relay. They finished their regular season for basketball and their team was undefeated! My boys are that awesome! 

Sometimes I teach Art Masterpiece at the school. It's fun to see who they are with their friends. DJ is the cool jock that everyone thinks is funny. AJ is the quiet, silent hottie. 

I watch my boys growing up and wonder what Mikey would have been like. My heart longs for a baby boy. Would he have been the cool, funny jock like DJ or the silent hottie like AJ? Maybe he would have been the strong, friendly gentleman or the smart, brave hero. The good thing is that I know that because of the gospel I can look forward to finding out, to raising him and watching him grow too one day. I am blessed. 

Meanwhile, back on earth, I get to enjoy this journey as a mom of twin boys and it's fabulous! 

1 comment:

Janalyn said...

I'm going to go with the strong, friendly gentleman. That's how I think of him anyway.