Thursday, August 13, 2015

And the Routine is Back


You know how I feel about school.  I am so thankful that my children have the opportunity to go to great schools and make wonderful friends who share their beliefs and values.  But I'll be honest.  I was online this morning trying to figure out which states have fewer mandated days of school so we could move there.  The school day is too long and 185 days are too many school days in a year. 

These beautiful kids were ready anyway even though their mom was dreading the upcoming day.  They had outfits picked out, backpacks ready to go and the excitement was all there.  

We got to talk about our theme for this year, COURAGE, by reading a lot of quotes from apostles, scriptures and admirable people.  Courage to persevere even when it gets hard, courage to be kind when others are not, courage to stand up for your beliefs.  It's going to be a good year!

No comments: