Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cupcakes Anyone?






They look delicious don't they? Look at the frosting. They're very pretty colors. Alexandria was so excited when I told her we were having cupcakes for lunch. YUM! So I got her a pretty pink one and set it on her plate. She used her finger and took a big swipe of frosting. (She takes after her mom. We LOVE the frosting.) She began to eat the beautiful pink frosting and then in a dissatisfied tone asked, "Mom, why did you put potatoes on the cupcakes?"


To which I replied, "April Fools!!!!!" Come on would I really give my kids cupcakes for lunch? Okay, maybe but only when Papi's not home. ;)




Luckily, she thought it was pretty funny. The cupcakes were made of meatloaf with mashed potato frosting. The boys liked them too but they didn't get the whole April Fools thing and Isabel . . .well, she was just glad to be eating as always.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok you are way to creative.. They look good anyway. I hope you guys are all doing good. My kids after tasting the frosting would have thrown them away not thinking that was very funny.

Whitney said...

That's awesome! I totally forgot it was April fool's day. I'm glad you remembered and I could enjoy the day late, through you. Love you!

Kasey said...

Yes Please!
That's a super great idea! I will have to try it one day. My kids sure would love me!

Janalyn said...

Isabel's so cute.
Thanks for the tip, I made these too. Maya actually helped me make them and didn't even realize it was potatoes and meatloaf. Maybe she's not too smart after all? :)
I'm glad Alexandria liked the fool.

Lacey said...

Very clever idea! I love it!!!

kellyanddanielle said...

that's so awesome. you are really creative. i love your idea's. i'm learning new things all the time with you. love you.

Betsy said...

You are so creative. All I did is wake Sydney up for school and told her she didn't have to go and when she got excited I yelled "April Fools, Get up!"