Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Japanese Cuisine


Last night was delicious.  
Little bite size pieces of freshly grilled veggies, chicken, sausage, cow tongue . . . well, okay it was delicious until I found out it was tongue.  
YUCK!
I discreetly removed the piece I was chewing from my mouth and hid it on my plate under a lettuce leaf that came from a delicious salad topped with seaweed.  
By the way, did you know seaweed is good for breaking down cellulite.  Seaweed has suddenly become one of those foods that I'm going to make myself like.
We even sat Japanese style at the table, on our knees.  
Well Mommy and the kids did. 
Papi's not flexible enough.  Lucky for him there was a space under the table to let his legs hang, western style.

This place is super popular in Japan so we knew we had to try it out before we left.  The service was fabulous with ice cream popsicles and toys for the kids after the meal.
It really was unforgettable.
And, all of this yummy food came for the bargain price of just $100!  
Ha!
I just have to remember it really wasn't the food we paid for.  It was the experience.
 So we enjoyed every detail because who knows if we'll ever get to do this again.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Holy cow! Sounds fun though. Can't wait to see you guys! (I saw the popsicle picture on facebook and I couldn't tell what DJ was holding. I'm glad for the explanation on the blog :))

Anonymous said...

This actually made me kind of sad :( In the time you have been here you have really captured the essence of Japan. I really appreciate how you and your family totally respected and embraced this culture. I am embarrassed to say that I actually learned more things from your blog about Japan, then attempting to experience them for myself. You have an amazing family and I have enjoyed reading your blogs about your stay. Be blessed and I pray for your protection as you all travel back home!!! Call me anytime, or write! Take care...Annie O.