Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hoarders

"You're so mean!" 
He was not happy that we were cleaning out his room.
First his toys,
now his clothes,
this was not a good day.
He would save EVERYTHING, even the candy wrapper from a candy bar that he got from church, if I let him.
But I don't so that makes me mean.
I really have his best interests at heart.
As funny as it might be I would hate for him to end up on an episode of "Hoarders".
In the middle of crying and complaining he came up with a solution.
"Can we at least take a picture of me with it before you get rid of it?"
What a brilliant idea!





 I need to listen to my children more often.
I swear they teach me how to be a better mom.
He was still sad about saying goodbye.
But he gave them up.
It was progress.
Progress, that's all I ask for.



No comments: