Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Mikey!!


We met at the cemetery today to celebrate our baby boy's birthday.
The kids and Papi played some football.

We saw white and blue balloons floating above us, a sign from Mikey I'm sure.

You know how we love balloons.
It's our way of feeling like we can communicate with Mikey.
So when the nice people at Icing for Smiles asked us what we wanted on our cake we chose balloons.
Awesome how the balloons floating above us at the cemetery and the balloons on the cake were the same color.
It must have been Mikey's way of telling us he was there with us.



Isn't the cake adorable?  I loved it!!  A special thanks to the people at Icing for Smiles and the people of Let Them Eat Cake here in Phoenix who volunteer their time and resources to make cakes for families of medically challenged children.

Then, we made our own balloon and sent it up to Mikey.


I know he gets our messages.
I love when he answers back.
And look who I caught on camera smiling while dreaming about her big brother on this beautiful day.

He makes me smile too.
I love you Mikey!
Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Mikey! What a beautiful family!

Janalyn said...

So glad we could celebrate Mikey's birthday.