Monday, September 15, 2014

Piano Practice


At night, after my kids are in bed is usually the only time I have to sit down and fumble over the ivories on the piano. Isabel came in and requested the song, "When I Am Baptised". A few songs later a paper airplane came soaring in from the hallway with a request from "anymouse" a.k.a. DJ. I was happy to fulfill his request too. 

I always wished I had a beautiful voice to serenade my kids to sleep with sweet lullabies. But singing is not my strong point. While I'm not a great piano player either I'm thankful to my parents who gave me lessons and a piano so that I can comfort my children at night by playing testimony building songs for them as they slip into dream land. 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That is so awesome! Someday maybe I'll learn how to play some of the more simple songs on the piano to do the same. For now my kids have to put up with church songs playing on my iPhone. Boring and less personal!