Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Savoring Stella


 
So this happens...a lot!!
She loves playing with make up.
If she were my first baby it probably wouldn't be so cute anymore after the 100th time of her making a mess of the make up drawer.
Lucky for her, she's my youngest so it's still pretty cute and appreciated.
In some ways it's good to be an older mom.
Tomorrow is Mikey's birthday. 
I can't hold him or watch him grow so I savor every instance with Stella.
We went to the park today and instead of standing back and letting her play like I did with my older children, I played with her.
The other mom's probably thought I was a helicopter mom following her up and down the big toy and sliding down slides.
But chances are they don't know what I know.
They've never held a baby in their arms for a moment only to have him gone the next.
So I'll keep playing with my Stella, running in the sand, swinging on swings and soaking up every smile, giggle, tear and yes, even her messes.

No comments: