Friday, June 20, 2008

Fitness Friday - Rosemary

Whether you steep it, saute it, or soak it, oh-so-savory rosemary can elevate both your culinary skills and your health. Why? Because the fragrant needle-leaved herb is showing early promise as a cancer killer. More studies are needed to confirm the effects, but in cell studies, rosemary extract has given both breast cancer and leukemia cells a real fight. That's good news about an herb we already know is chock-full of antioxidants, those free-radical killers that help protect you from cell-level damage.

Ways to Get More Rosemary into Your Life
1. Stick a fresh sprig in your lemonade.

2. Add chopped rosemary to your fresh salads.
3. Use fresh or dried rosemary in marinades for meats or vegetables (olive oil, fresh or dried rosemary, and soy sauce make a nice, simple one).
Thanks Janalyn, for the rosemary plants. We can't wait to get back home to use them.

2 comments:

Misi said...

So, i figured out how to put a video on my page, yeah. Also, thank you for your fitness friday's I really enjoy them.

Misi

Shanell said...

how about if you come and be my personal trainer? I need a serious kick in the pants and can't seem to find it anywhere. I do enjoy the information. Now, if I could just use it. Like I said, I'm needing a kick in the pants.