Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bye to our Simba


I was so happy the day we got you. You were so cuddly and cute. I'm glad I got to have you for those fun years. I'll miss you.

As a side note. . . Simba got a big tumor and was getting very grouchy with the kids and everyone else. He didn't feel well and the vet said he was probably being that way because of the extra hormones being produced by the tumor. He's probably been sick for a few years but we couldn't see the tumor until just this year. Because he's been growling at the kids for awhile I'm pretty sure they won't miss him too much. When we saw some puppies a few weeks ago DJ walked away wanting another dog. He wanted to know if we could eat Simba so we could get another dog.

Hopefully, Simba is happier now. Love you Simba!

Simba Cesar
February 2001 - June 2008

7 comments:

Scott Olson said...

Ondria,

I'm sorry that you lost Simba like that...I would be very sad if I lost one of my babies. I also wanted to tell you that I've been reading through and catching up on your blog. You and D and doing a great job with your family and I just love all the stories and pictures.

love your cousin,

Shanell said...

Oh, I remember little simba when we came visiting teaching. you always had him in your room because he would bark at us. I'm glad that he is not in any more pain.

Fabiane Snell said...

I also want to say my good-bye to simba. I have very sweet memories with him because my first summer as Senhora Snell was in your house with him.I felt like he was our " first dog" We had a good time that summer, good-bye simba! love you Ondria, lots of hugs for the kids..

Rebecca Irvine said...

I'm so sorry for your loss--losing a pet can be very difficult. I hope your fond memories of Simba will help you through your grieving.

Adam Snell said...

So... Did you eat him?

Misi said...

Ondria, So sorry to hear about Simba. I know you really loved him. I hope you and your family will have a great summer with Papi. See you when you get back.
Misi

Kristine said...

Ondria, So DJ wanted to eat Simba. Your Dog!!! All I can say is you can take your kids out of the Dominican , but you can't take the Dominican out of your kids. :)
Love,
Aunt Kristine