Monday, October 13, 2008

Memory Monday


I saw this great idea on this blog and wanted to do it too. (Thanks Kasey, hope you don't mind if I copy your brilliant idea.) I have a ton of pictures from pre-blogging and since I don't scrapbook much all these pictures are just sitting around taking space on our computer and will just be forgotten if I don't blog them and put them in a blog book. So great idea!
This is the boys and Alexandria when the boys were 4 months old. Alexandria was the BEST big sister (and she still is). She took such good care of her brothers. One time when the boys were about 3 weeks old they were crying on my bed while I was trying to shower. Yes I had to let them cry. I needed a shower!!! We had tried every pacifier out there and none of them seemed to work. Alexandria was really into pacifiers so I just assumed all babies would be. Ha! What a naive mom I was. But Alexandria, remember she was still only two years old, gets on the bed and takes her pacifier out of her mouth and starts giving the boys a turn with it. Pretty soon I didn't hear anything so I'm wondering what the heck has happened to my twins? I yell, "Alexandria, are the boys okay?" To which she happily responds, "yes, I'm just sharing my pacifier with them". After I hurried out of the shower, we had a quick talk about germs and not sharing pacifiers and then it was off to Target to get the 6+month pacifiers for my not even 1 month old babies. But hey, if that's the one they wanted I wasn't going to tell them they were too young. At around 4 months they had both found their fingers. . .but I'll have to save that for another post.