Friday, October 17, 2008

New Chicks



The kids have been begging me for some chickens ever since we saw the chicken at our contractor's parent's house. So we finally found some chickens. We started out with 3 but one of them got played with a little to roughly. So now we're down to 2. I thought it would be the dog that I would need to watch around the chickens but apparently it's DJ I need to pay more attention to. So there's a new rule. . .DJ can't touch the chickens until they're bigger. I think we'll get another one if we can to replace the one we lost so hopefully, we'll have some delicious organic, cage free eggs by February.

2 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

I have wondered about getting chickens too. Let me know how it goes!

Betsy said...

Mitchel's sister JoLynn Has 12 chickens.She did allot of research too like what food to feed & whatnot. I think she has the hang of it now, but for a while there it was a hand full. Now she gets about a dozen eggs a day. Needless to say I am never low on eggs. If you have any questions Id be happy to ask her for you.