Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And So It Begins . . .

Today was a BIG day for these guys. I'll give you a hint. See this picture.


They had their first official baseball / t-ball practice. The excitement was tangible in our home today as I was fielding questions left and right from early morning until practice time:

"Will we get our own lockers?"
"Should I take my baseball clothes and change at the field like Papi does?"
"What color pants should I wear?"
"Will you ask what color we should wear for the games?"
"Should I wear my own hat?"
"Do I need to take my batting gloves?"
"Do they have a club house?"
"Will we get something to eat?"
"Will there be people watching?"

After all the experience these guys have with Papi's practices, I was a little worried they would be let down with a just simple practice in an elementary school field and no clubhouse, drinks or even bases. But I was wrong.

As soon as we got there DJ jumped out and with his mom at his side walked right into practice. AJ stayed in the car and watched first. I'm sure he was scouting out the talent to make sure he would be better than they were. Once he was confident enough that he could not only keep up but that he would be the star he decided to join the team too.




The lack of professional baseball amenities didn't hold these boys back at all. They laughed, played and really enjoyed their practice time that was cut a little short because of the freezing cold weather.
AJ's wrap up of the day, "That was a good practice!"

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh, HOW EXCITING!!! More pictures please. Maybe a video too? I am so excited for them. Their team is so lucky to have those boys.

Janalyn said...

Their team is lucky! I was laughing so loud at their comments, Chris had to ask what was so funny. I'm glad they were not at all let down. Let us know when their games are!