Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gardening From the Other Side

My grandma Snell loved gardening.  
Her yard was always beautifully arranged with flowers and nicely pruned foliage.
I remember her teaching me how to get bulbs out of the ground and save them for the next season.
I'm still working on the beautiful flower and yard part.
But every morning when I'm out in the garden I think of her.
I know I have a part of her in me.



I always kill most plants.
The only thing I really grow well are weeds.
So I'm thinking that Grandma Snell must be helping out our little garden from the other side.
Maybe she's gardening right along beside me.





And remember that cute little avocado tree that poked it's little head out on Easter morning.
Turns out both seeds he planted came up that day.
And they're growing quickly.



3 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Your garden is beautiful. I love the variety you have going!

Kristy said...

I love this post! I don't really remember Grandma Snell's garden so it is fun to hear about her love for it!

And I can't wait to one day move to Arizona with you to steel a couple of your avocado seeds when your trees are big. ;)

V said...

Your garden is beautiful! Mine, not quite there yet. I just love your family pics at the top. Keep smilin'