Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Movie Talk


AJ loves movies.  He loves acting out movies and he's always throwing movie quotes into our regular conversations.  It keeps me on my toes because I'm usually left thinking, "I know that line.  What movie is it from?"  He's got a talent.  If he doesn't make it as a baseball player acting may be in his future.

Here's one example of AJ's movie talk.

AJ: "Mom, when I get  a wife I'm going to make her massage me feet."

Me:  Astonished by this statement of machismo coming out in him.  "You don't just 'get a wife'. But do you mean you're going to ask her to give you a foot massage?  She might do it if you ask her."

AJ:  "Yeah, that's what I mean. . . .I'll make her massage my feet while the kids are playing on the floor with the dogs.  I'll have six or seven of them you know."

(Did you recognize the line? It's Gaston's from Beauty and the Beast.  Luckily I watched that movie a lot with Alexandria so I began to see where this was going.)

Me: "Dogs?"

AJ: Realizing that I had caught on he started laughing, "No, strappling sons, like me."

No comments: