Friday, March 21, 2014

Grandparents, KFC and Guns


 
The good thing about going less than two hours away on vacation is that Grandma and Grandpa will come visit.  We showed them the creek, played games and had fun.  But not wanting them to leave without some excitement we decided to go back to Payson with them to have dinner and a little adventure.
 
As told by Grandma
 
Grandpa and I went up to Kohl's Ranch yesterday and enjoyed the mountain air and played with the kids.  We watched as they enjoyed the stream.  They were jumping across it from rock to rock.  I was not so adventurous. It was fun however.  We played a little tennis, horseshoes, and basketball.  Then went inside when it got too cold and dark and played games.  Courtney and I decided it was time to leave and Ondria and family decided to go to Payson with us to get something to eat.  We ended up at KFC.  While ordering Dionys accidently left his phone on the counter.   Apparently, some creepy fellows came up to the counter after them and asked the worker for change.  They didn't order anything.  They took Dionys phone and left.  😱  Dionys didn't realize he didn't have his phone until he was sitting down with the kids and eating. All of a sudden he realized it was missing and thought the counter was the last place he could remember it..  We asked everyone there if they had seen it and no one had.  
 
Then Ondria's phone rang, it was the guys who took the phone calling her phone!!!!  She said, "Hey, you have my phone, can I come and get it.?"   
The guy said he hadn't taken it,  he said it was his friend that took it.  He told her to go to an abandoned building a couple of streets away.  Well by this time, Dionys and Courtney were out the door walking in that direction and Ondria grabbed her keys and hopped in the car.  She past Dionys and Courtney and was at the appointed spot when she realized she was alone and that maybe this wasn't a good idea.  About this time, Dionys took off running to her and showed up at her car door. The kid who stole the phone came out of the dark and gave it back. 
 
At this point I guess Dionys' adrenalin came out,  and he turned on the kid and very angrily, asked why he had taken the phone.  Ondria didn't want there to be any trouble. She jumped out of the car and grabbed Dionys, " It's okay, it wasn't him. It was his friend.  We have the phone, let's just go."  
Now keep in mind while the three of them are off chasing the bad guys I'm sitting with the 5 kids in KFC. They were a little worried about their parents.  Then Alexandria said, "What do we have to be worried about?"  Papi has a pocket knife, and grandpa always carries a gun!"
Then DJ pipes up and said, "Ya, what are we worried for?" 😃😃  I felt like I was in a western movie somehow.  I had to work real hard to not laugh out loud.  Thing was, I knew they were right! 😉

** A few edits, the guy told me to go to an abandoned building but then decided a big blue house would be easier to find.  I knew it didn't seem like a good situation but I really wanted to get Papi's phone back.  Besides, it was Payson.  Although, it didn't help that the night before I had a dream that Papi lost Stella in the street.  I found her and got mugged walking home with her.  As soon as I pulled up at the big blue house I began to call Grandpa but then Papi appeared out of no where just in time like he always does. Later Alexandria specifically asked Grandpa if he was carrying a gun.  He replied, "lets just say I was prepared."

No comments: