Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pouring Rain Memories


He makes me love being a mom.  Saturday night we hung out together. It was pouring rain when we pulled up to our first destination. I had to laugh as he warned me, "Mom, do not get out if the car. You are making a huge mistake!"

"Five, four, three, two, one!" We opened our doors and ran through the sheets of rain, laughing all the way into the store.  I have so much fun with him.  After wandering around the store admiring all the pretty dishes they had for Easter and waiting to dry off a little we finally decided we could check out. 

On our way home we drove by the waffle truck. Lots of people have said lots of great things about the waffle truck so we stopped to try it. As we were there being drenched in the rain I told AJ to go wait in the car. His cute little glasses were getting fogged up and spotted with rain drops. But he didn't want to leave me out in the cold rain by myself. So we both stood there under the cover of the citrus tree, soaking wet, waiting for our waffle with strawberries and ice cream. After what seemed like forever they called our name. We grabbed our waffle and ran to the shelter of the Pilot to eat. The waffle was good but the memories we created together were even better and way worth the wait in the cold pouring rain. 

No comments: