Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cut Back to Reality

I was on the verge of tears. We had just dropped Papi off at the airport (I know I should be used to it by now but it doesn't get any easier only harder). We were ready to pull away and Alexandria had moved up to the front seat by me. Before I pulled out I turned and looked at her and noticed a short piece of hair falling in her face.


FLASHBACK to this morning when Alexandria came in to let me know that she wanted bangs.

As I looked closer I began to pull out more short strands of hair. "Alexandria, did you CUT your hair?"

"What?" she asked. "I just want bangs like you. You look *cute* with bangs."

I hate my bangs so she's forgiven but she's still going to have to grow out her "bangs". To her credit she did cut them the right length.

And then it was back to reality, no time to cry over Papi leaving for the millionth time just back to life as we know it.

2 comments:

Lisa Langford said...

Holy crap, Alexandria looks so much like you in that picture. It looks like a young Ondria. I think that is the first time I have really seen it.

The thing about the bangs, first off, she did a good job :) secondly, she thinks you are cute and wants to copy you. how adorable.

Shanell said...

I don't think I could be mad at that cute toothless smiley face either! The "trim" job is pretty good. It is so hard when they leave. Good luck!