Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana

So I know all five of you who read our blog are waiting for some Dominican Republic posts. We flew all night to get here but we made it and actually the flight wasn't so bad. We had a 3 hour lay over in Salt Lake but luckily there was a play ground there so the kids had something to do while we waited. Then we took the red eye to JFK and on to Santiago early the next day. Dionys had a game that day but we were all so tired we slept right through it. Our first little excursion was to "El Monumento" right here in Santiago. It's a huge monument that they built to honor the heroes that fought in the revolution. They just remodeled it in 2007 so it's really nice now. I'm sure during the day you can go inside and go up to the top but you know how we're night owls so we got to see it at night when all the lights in the city are on. It's pretty that way too.




But I think the highlight of the night for the kids was the horse ride. This thing goes fast! And since I wasn't really sure how sober the driver was I was only a little nervous when it felt like it was going to tip over. I guess that's all a part of the Dominican experience.


3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow, looks like you are finding some time to catch up on the blog, YAY!! It looks like the Dominican is really fun, I wish I could come with you guys like I did to Mexico. That trip was one of my favorites for sure. I still talk about the food and the experience. I'm sure your kids are probably enjoying it a little more this time though.

Misi said...

Yeah your there! How long will you be gone. I miss you all.

Janalyn said...

I hope that was a fun carriage ride. Love, Maya