Thursday, May 29, 2014

Camp



 
She earned her own money. She packed her own bag, three days in advance. She had her book and all her supplies that a first year girls camper needs.  She was super excited!  The young women met at the church on Monday, threw their bags in the bottom of the bus and headed up to Camp Lomia for four days.  It was different to have her gone.  We realized how quiet it is when she's not home.  We missed the nonstop chatter that she brings to our home. 
 
Then Wednesday I got a phone call.  It was a number I didn't recognize on my cell.  But something told me to answer it.  So I did.  It was Alexandria.  "Mom, I don't feel good."  She was in tears.  Throwing up and feeling sick your first year at girl's camp is not fun.  I really wanted her to try and stay if she could. It was their last night and lots of good things happen that night.  I had my kids with me in the car on the way to the gym.  When we got there I hung up with Alexandria then asked my kids if we could say a prayer for her right there in the car, in the gym parking lot.  We did.  After the prayer Isabel said, "now we wait and see if Heavenly Father answers our prayer." 
 
"No, he always answers your prayers. Sometimes its just not the way you want." AJ corrected her.  I'm so thankful for their faith because while in the gym more hours the camp nurse called again.  She and I decided it would be best for Alexandria to come home a day early.  She didn't throw up anymore after that prayer she just slept the rest of the day. I think she may have been a little homesick anyway.  My cute little first year camper, I love you!



No comments: