Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Isabel!!!










I can't believe she's already one. It feels so different from your first baby compared to your 4th. I was able to spend so much time with Alexandria when she was a baby. She was like my little best friend. I felt like I knew her really well too. With Isabel though I just don't have as much time. I feel like I'm still getting to know her. And the more I get to know her the more I just love her!







Her birthday was fun. We just had family over. We made spiders with Oreo cookies, M&Ms and pretzels. We had a treasure hunt, opened presents and, of course, had cake. Isabel dove right in. She knew how to open presents. She knew exactly what to do with the cake. I think she might actually be the first baby in history to finish her cake. She loved it. Finally, she was getting all the attention. As you can tell from the pictures she had a really good time. Although she was a little upset when we finally had to take her out of her highchair to go clean her up. I'm so glad we have her in our family.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

What a mess! I love first birthdays! They really are my favorite. It's the one time you can let them dive into the cake and it's okay. And of course we want them to be messes and take fun pictures to blog and scrapbook.

Andrea said...

So CUTE!! My first two kids were a little slow diving into their bday cake, but my younger 2, they definitely knew what to do! EAT!! My youngest couldn't get enough. ha ha! Fun pictures! Happy bday Isabel.