Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm gonna party like it's my birthday . . .

It was my birthday today. I turned 29 for the 4th time and I had a fabulous day thanks mostly to my mom and my kids. We started out the day with a trip to the gym for ZUMBA. It's a mix of latin dancing and international music, very fun. The kiddos were awesome all day. I loved being able to tell them, "It's my birthday. Be nice!" And they would nice right up. Wish I had that excuse every day. Alexandria was a little sad she didn't have anything to give me so we went to get her new books for piano lessons that she'll be starting and she picked out a piano book for me, High School Musical 2, . . . my favorite. Plus she colored a beautiful book and made me a crown for my birthday.

My mom went with me to pick out my birthday present from Papi. I figured I was doing him a favor. You know guys stress about what to get their wives for their birthday so I told him not to worry, I knew exactly what I wanted and I would even go get it. Aren't I such a good wife? ;) So thanks Papi for the new camera. See what good pictures it takes.Our old camera was in pretty bad shape, seriously, it had fallen a few too many times and the pictures were slightly green and blurry. So now I don't have any excuse for my lack of photography talent and hopefully the pictures on our blog will look better. Mom and Dad gave me this beautiful picture that I have always loved. It's huge! Mom said it will go good in our newly remodeled family room when we're done. (Haven't started it yet but it should be happening soon, I hope.) Thanks Mom! ;)

Mom and Janalyn planned a fun party with the whole family that's here in AZ. See my beautiful cake. DJ picked blue balloons and the pink flowers were for Alexandria. My mom tried to pile on as much frosting as possible because that's my favorite part. YUM!And Adam and Whitney both called. I have to say it was such a fun day that if it wasn't for turning older every time I had a birthday I would have a birthday more than just once a year. I think I'm going to go have another piece of my cake. I'm feeling a frosting craving coming on. :)Thanks everyone for the fun birthday!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Happy (late) Birthday!! You look so young, you'll be able to pull the 29 card for a LONG time!! :)

Rebecca Irvine said...

Happy birthday! I am glad you had such a great day. Birthdays are the best.

Lisa said...

Happy belated Birthday!! It sounds like you had a ton of fun..

Shanell said...

I am so glad your day was awesome! You deserved it. The cake it yummy and definitely giving me cravings. Happy Belated Birthday.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! So fun to celebrate and have the kids cooperate with extra niceness. Score on the new camera, you'll have lots of fun with that!

Betsy said...

Oh my gosh!!! I forgot it was your B-day!!! (that is bad to admitt that) Happy late B-day!!!!! Sounds like you had a great day!!!