Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What is going on?

"Mom I have another reason." She's still trying to talk me out of going to lunch at school with her tomorrow.

It all started because I thought it would be fun to go meet her for lunch at her school for her birthday. Apparently though, I'm not cool enough for lunch which I don't understand at all because I AM cool enough to work in her classroom? Plus she's in first grade. Don't first graders like to have their parents at school? I did. But maybe I'm just way out of it now. So I asked her to give me a reason why she doesn't want me at lunch. Her first reply, "because five boys sit across from me and Courtney and we don't want them to." What??? I think it's more like five boys sit across from her and Courtney and they do WANT them too. Where did this girl come from? So I told her that wasn't a good enough reason and if that's true then she should be happy to have her mom there because then they won't sit across the table from her.
Then I asked her if she was embarrassed to have her mom there. I mean come on why would she be embarrassed of this? Okay so maybe, but I promised I wouldn't make any faces the whole time. And she still doesn't want us there. So I pulled out the power card, I'd bring lunch from COSTA VIDA, her favorite place. That almost worked for about 5 minutes but now she's still trying to convince me to NOT go.
Ha! Too bad for her. I'm the mom and now she really has my curiosity peaked. So guess who will be showing up at school tomorrow for lunch.
**EDIT** 1/7/09 - This morning she was crying, begging me to just make her a lunch. She didn't want me to go eat with her at school at all. But I held out and showed up with a nice bag of food. She ran to us (me and Isabel) and gave us a huge hug. No cries, no worries. We ate and had a great time and then she left. After school I asked her how was lunch and the only answer I got was I don't know. Girls!!

4 comments:

Janalyn said...

That's quite funny and interesting. I wonder if you'll ever know her worries?
As far as where does the boy thing come from - you're joking right?!! I seem to remember one big sister in 6th grade teaching one little sister in Kindergarten how to get the boys to chase her and play kissing tag. (Of course it never worked out for little sister as it did for big sister :))

Kasey said...

Kids are too funny! You can so come to my class and bring me Costa ;). Yummy!

Lisa Langford said...

So did you ever get an explanation?

Rebecca Irvine said...

Hmmm... kids are hard to understand sometimes. My kids would love it if I came to school to eat with them, especially if I brought their favorite restaurant food (they have not been exposed yet to the nectars of Costa Vida). I am glad you went despite her excuses.