Sunday, May 16, 2010

Around the House

So my first few days around the house were interesting.  I thought I would wash some clothes in this cute little washer and dryer 


but when I went to turn it on this is what I saw



Umm . . . not sure how to find the hot and cold water or even turn that on so maybe I'll leave the wash until Papi gets home.

The kids were hungry and we had some left overs that we could warm up until I tried to use this.



Okay, well, not sure where "on" is there either.  So maybe some toast will work for now.




Aside from "Cooking Jumbox" printed right on the front everything else is Japanese.  So that wasn't going to happen either.  Hold on kids let me call Papi and ask him.



Dang it!  Not the cell phone too!!

Luckily, after a lot of button pushing, I've now learned to work the washer and dryer, somewhat mastered the microwave and toaster oven and have even started understanding the phone.  However, I'm still working on the cleaning products.  I'm thinking vinegar might be a good option but honestly, I can't even read what's vinegar at the grocery store.  

So I've started working on my Kanji, Katakana and Hiragana.   I now know that this little button with this symbol is on the washer, dryer, microwave and toaster oven and it is very important.



It's the "off" button.

1 comment:

Fabiane Snell said...

Ondria, keep the pictures coming! they are awesome! Im laughing my head off!