Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our Home For the Next Three Months

Welcome to Japan!

Here's the tour of our place.

The front door which looks like you're walking into a prison cell.  Weird in a country where crime is almost nonexistent.

You walk in and take of your shoes.


Then you look up and see the hallway, no living area, just a long hallway.

If you open up one of those doors in the hallway you'll see the potty room, equipped with its own little hand washing sink that automatically turns on when you flush to allow you to wash your hands and to fill up the toilet tank.  Genius!

We have three bedrooms but the girls' room is my favorite because it has a cool floor.  I don't know what this floor is called yet but I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.  It's the grassy straw rugs and it make the room smell good.

Finally, at the end of the long hallway is the kitchen and a couple of sleeping kids who think its 2 in the morning even though it's really 6 in the evening.

And another view.  See our cute little burner stove / oven (the drawer between the knobs is the oven).  Dinner for six?  That's not going to happen. 

And the view from our front door.  Sorry Dad I have no idea which direction these are so we'll just settle for to the left


and to the right.

Then my personal favorite.  The gift that was left for me on the bed from Papi when we got here.  I love you Papi!

4 comments:

De Ette said...

Thanks so much for the tour. I'm still not sure where the oven is? Loved the sleeping kids. Is the kitchen the family room and the living room also?

De Ette said...

I love and miss you! Can we talk on Dad's phone?

Kristine said...

Now that is one Wonderful husband! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Boo - shadows at noon fall to the north! ;-)