Monday, August 13, 2007

Alexandria's 1st Day of School




She's had her clothes picked out for a week and she was up and dressed this morning at 8am! Not only is that really early for us but the bus doesn't come to pick her up until 11:30. She was so excited though. I think I got asked about every 10 minutes, "When will the bus be here?" She even went to try to do her own hair! When the bus finally got here she did great. She walked right on turned around and waved, I took a picture and that was it. The bus doors closed and she was gone off to her first day of school.
When she got home we started on the homework. She had to draw a picture of her family and answer some questions about her first day of school. I wrote it word for word on her paper.
Favorite part of the day: playing on the playground
Worst part of the day: Having the teacher tell us the boring rules.








The boys were slightly worried when she got on the bus. AJ wanted to go on a bus too and DJ started to jump up and down so he could go to but then decided he still wanted to go on an airplane. It must be hard for them to see Papi leave on an airplane and then their big sister leave on a bus. At least she came back today. The boys ended up sleeping most of the afternoon. Alexandria's excitement must have worn them out too. But it worked out great because it gave me time to be with Alexandria when she got home and have her tell me all about her day.








Alexandria was so ready for this. I was a different story though. I had to hold back the tears. I really was excited for her but I'll miss her. She'll be gone all the time now and this year is only half day Kindergarten. She won't graduate until 2021! Doesn't that seem forever away?
I just don't want her to change. Of course, I want her to grow up but I hope that she will always remain the sweet little girl that loves to play with her brothers, loves Costco trips and loves to wear pink.

2 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

She is soooooo cute. Really, you have such cute kids. Glad it went well! She looked darling in that outfit:)

Janalyn said...

Why am I crying reading this??! I'm hopeless! I'm impressed you didn't cry when she got on the bus. Maya keeps talking about what a big girl Alexandria is and what she's going to do when she's Alexandria's age.
I love your slide show- it is so cute!!!