Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Did you guys hear about this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2975386
They've been talking about it a lot on ESPN. Jose Offerman is on Dionys' team. I guess it's the first time anyone has pressed charges in a game. Dionys thinks they are pressing charges to try to get money out of him because Offerman played in the majors. He also said Offerman is thinking of counter-suing because they intentionally hit him with a pitch. If they really let these charges happen then what about if someone tackles someone too aggressively in football? Will they be able to press charges? I'm not defending Offerman, but I don't think pressing charges in sports is the right thing to do.

1 comment:

Heath said...

Ondria, I agree. A ban from baseball for life...okay, but 2 accounts of assault...I don't know? I mean, a pitchers ball that is thrown at someone's head, which has happened, can be just as damaging as a bat, so should all pitchers that have intentionally hit the batter be charged with assault? I say drop the charges and ban the guy.