Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!

So, Thursday was my birthday. Grandma came over after work and stayed with the kids so I could go do some things. (You're great Mom!) It was fun. I made a trip to ToysRUs and didn't have to worry about kids asking for everything in the store.

I was enjoying my time so much that I was even thinking about getting a pedicure/manicure but, unfortunately, my solo time was cut short. There was a mix up at school. Alexandria got put in the wrong line and instead of getting on the bus she got left and I had to go pick her up. Grandma offered to get her but I insisted I would go. I thought maybe she would be a little upset. We had just had a talk about whether she wanted to be picked up from school or ride the bus. It's really hot here right now and the buses do not have A/C. But I guess she really likes the bus because she chose the bus. (Makes my job easier.) When I got to her school she was waiting for me in the office, not traumatized a bit. So I took her with me to a few more places and then we headed home.
Aunt Janalyn made me a cake (Thanks J!!) and we all went to Grandma's for pizza and swimming later that day. As you can see the boys loved the cake. We didn't use all the candles for my age but we probably had that many holes from the boys sticking the candles in the cake and pulling them out to eat it. And, when I asked DJ what he was going to get me for my birthday he said a doggy. That would have been fun.

1 comment:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a ALMOST fun day! To bad you didnt get the pedi/mani. but still sounds like fun!