Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blog Etiquette

I know I'm relatively new to this whole blog thing but I still don't get when it's appropriate to list the blogs of people that you know on your blog. I go to some people's blogs and they have tons of friends listed and I wonder if they really have that many friends or if it's just other people they would like to know and they like to look cool. Then there's the whole question of if you should list someone even when you're not listed on their page. Maybe they don't want to admit they know you. There's more people I could list but maybe they don't want to be listed. I don't mind being listed on other people's pages. I think it's fun. It makes it easier for old friends to find you and for me to catch up with people I haven't seen for awhile. But, I'm sure that's not how everyone feels. That's why there's so many people going private. They don't want their pages looked at, right? What's up with that? Then there's the people who don't want their last name used and some people who use fun made up names. Do I put their real name in my blog or their last name? It's all so complicated. That's why it took me so long to make a friends list. I kept all the blogs in my favorites but I never made a list on my blog. I'm just not sure of when to list someone. Is there a right way to do this?

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Woohoo I'm on your friends list! I don't mind if any of my friends list my name. I think it's up to you how you want to do it. If someone wants their name changed, then they can tell you. I admit, it took me a little while to add someone to my list, too. I guess if I've looked at their blog a few times & made comments & they've seen mine & made comments, then I add them. I need to separate my list, like you did.

Andrea said...

Consider yourself tagged lady!
I want 7 random things from YOU!

Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you; Share 7 random facts about yourself; Tag 7 other blog friends & leave a comment on their blog with the rules.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha! you are funny! You have been on my list for a while, hope thats ok :)

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey said...

Girl! Add who you want. If they don't add you or if you don't want to add them no biggy. I add whoever I want to check on from time to time. I have found old friends through numerous blogs and if I didn't add them I never would be able to find them again. I realize I have tons on my list and it is out of control, but I am nosy that way. LOL. I want to check on everyone. It' fun to see how kids have been added and that everyone is doing good. It's your blog so, add who you do and don't want. I don't think there's really an etiquette at all in this bloggin' business.

Amber said...

Add whoever you want. If they don't like it, they'll let you know. I added you to my blog!