Thursday, October 4, 2007

Will we ever be diaper free?

So I finally started potty training the boys. I've been putting it off because I just did not want to deal with potty training two at a time but they do go by themselves so I think it's finally time. We were using chocolate chips for a reward. Everytime they went they got either 2 chocolate chips for #1 or 5 chocolate chips for #2. I realized we really have to watch out for DJ though. That little boy comes into Dionys straight out of the bathroom, acting all excited and told him he went #2 in the potty and he wanted 5 chocolate chips. Dionys told him he needed to see it first in the potty and wipe him. DJ said, "No, I flushed it." Dionys was already kind of suspicious but when he walked DJ into the bathroom to check him there was no sign of any potty training going on. The toilet wasn't running and DJ was clean. He was totally trying to get a freebie!

Now, chocolate chips don't work as rewards either. We've had to graduate to suckers. Thank goodness it's Halloween time and I can get the bags of dum dums.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good Luck! Hope you find something that works. All of my kids were at least 3 before they used the potty. Now my last one is 3 and we've been working on him. I haven't been pressuring him cuz that tactic didn't work so well w/ my #1. He ended up hating the bathroom. So, I don't want that to happen again.

Janalyn said...

DJ, that sly guy. Somehow I'm not surprised he figured out the freebie system so quickly! That's a great story.
Thanks for letting me watch your kids today, I love them!