Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Boys

Mikey affected every one of my children, each one in a different way.  I'm determined to remember every detail of that precious hour so I'm trying to write how all of us were changed because of our cherished little boy.

DJ is my curious kid.
He wanted to see every thing at the hospital,
touch every finger, feel every toe. 



He was giddy with excitement to meet Mikey, his younger brother.
Sometimes it seemed like he did not get it.  But he did.  



  When it came time to say goodbye he couldn't hold back the tears.
He didn't want to leave his new baby brother.
He still thinks about him.  They all do.
When we're shopping he'll see a baby toy and mention that he wishes we could have gotten it for Mikey.


My favorite quote came from DJ when I got home Monday.
As I was tucking him into bed he told me,

"Mom, when I was with Mikey I felt warm."

I shared with him that 
I know that warmth was his younger brother,
and the comforting spirit in the room with us 
helping us to say goodbye.
He agreed.

1 comment:

Lisa Langford said...

So precious. I love that he was feeling the spirit and hopefully when he gets older, he will be able to understand what that feeling was. You have a beautiful and amazing family Dre. I am proud of you. You are a great mom.