Friday, February 24, 2012

Peace and Perfect


He misses his younger brother.
How do I know?
Because he told me he wishes Mikey was still safe inside of me.
Every time my kids hug me their little faces touch where their dreams of a baby brother used to be
and they are reminded that he is no longer there.
AJ used to hug me and kiss my tummy.
Not any more.

I really do not like being pregnant.
But I would be eternally pregnant if it meant we could keep Mikey safe and alive.
The beautiful thing though is that I don't have to be forever pregnant.
I know he is safe.
I know he is happy.
And I know he still lives.
Of course we miss him but there is peace in knowing that
he has continued his journey and he will be there, perfect, and waiting for us.

2 comments:

Janalyn said...

I never thought of it like that Ondria. That's a lot of love for you to offer to be pregnant forever for Mikey. Truly.

Kristine said...

Well said...You are just Awesome!